Product Name Rat CNTF ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum , Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 8 pg/mL
Assay Range 8.2-2000 pg/ml
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names Cntf
Gene ID 25707
Swissprot ID P20294
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|cell culture media||97||90-107|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|cell culture media||1:2||96|
Standard Curve: Rat CNTF ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
Ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF) is structurally related to IL-6, IL-11, LIF, CLC, and OSM. CNTF was initially identified as a trophic factor for embryonic chick ciliary parasympathetic neurons in culture. Subsequent studies have demonstrated that CNTF is a survival factor for additional neuronal cell types, including dorsal root ganglion sensory neurons, sympathetic ganglion neurons, embryonic motor neurons, major pelvic ganglion neurons and hippocampal neurons. CNTF has also been shown to be expressed by cells on the bone surface, and to reduce the activity of bone-forming cells. CNTF could reduce food intake without causing hunger or stress, making it a candidate for weight control in leptin-resistant subjects, as CNTF is believed to operate like leptin, but by a non-leptin pathway.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Rat CNTF ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit