Product Name Mouse Galectin-1 ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 10 pg/mL
Assay Range 16.4-4000 pg/mL
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names Lgals1, AA410090, Gal-1, Galbp, L-14.5, L14, Lect14, galectin-1
Gene ID 16852
Swissprot ID P16045
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell culture media||86||81-95|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|Cell culture media||1:2||109|
Standard Curve: Mouse Galectin-1 ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
The galectins constitute a large family of carbohydrate-binding proteins that function in many systems both intracellularly and following secretion. Galectins contain either one or two carbohydrate recognition domains which mediate recognition of N-acetyl-lactosamine-containing glycoproteins. Some galectins exist in multiple isoforms due to alternative splicing. Individual galectins differ in their tissue distribution and in their carbohydrate-binding specificities. The galectins are a family of beta-galactoside-binding proteins implicated in modulating cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions. Galectin-1 may act as an autocrine negative growth factor that regulates cell proliferation. Galectin-1 expression in Hodgkin Lymphoma has also been shown to mediate immunosuppression of CD8+ T-cells.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Mouse Galectin-1 ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit