Product Name Human NCAM-1 ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100 ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 0.5 ng/ml
Assay Range 0.61-150 ng/ml
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names Ncam1, CD56, E-NCAM, NCAM-1, Ncam
Gene ID 17967
Swissprot ID P13591
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|cell culture media||92||82-97|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|cell culture media||1:2||85|
Standard Curve: Human NCAM-1 ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
Neural cell adhesion molecule 1 (NCAM-1) is a multifunctional member of the Ig superfamily. It belongs to a family of membrane-bound glycoproteins that are involved in Ca++ independent cell matrix and homophilic or heterophilic cell-cell interactions.
NCAM-1 is synthesized as a 761 aa preproprecursor that contains a 19 aa signal sequence, a 722 aa GPI-linked mature region, and a 20 aa C-terminal prosegment. Human to mouse, NCAM-1 is 93% aa identical. NCAM-1 appears to be highly sialylated. The polysialyation of NCAM-1 reduces its adhesive property and increases its neurite outgrowth promoting features.
NCAM-1 specifically binds to heparan sulfate proteoglycans, the extracellular matrix protein agrin, and several chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans that include neurocan and phosphocan.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human NCAM-1 ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit