Product Name Human IL-5 R alpha ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100 ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 0.1 ng/ml
Assay Range 0.16-40 ng/ml
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names IL5RA, CD125, CDw125, HSIL5R3, IL5R
Gene ID 3568
Swissprot ID Q01344
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|cell culture media||112||90-127|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|cell culture media||1:2||114|
Standard Curve: Human IL-5 R alpha ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
Human IL-5 is a potent eosinophil differentiation and activation factor. Additionally, it has also been reported that IL-5 can stimulate the proliferation and/or differentiation of basophils and B cells.
Human and mouse IL-5 R alpha are both members of the hematopoietin receptor superfamily characterized by the presence of the WSXWS, and a four cysteine residue motif in the extracellular domain of the transmembrane protein.
A naturally-occurring soluble form of the IL-5 R alpha has been detected in biological fluids of autoimmune-prone mice and mice bearing chronic B cell leukemia. A recombinant human IL-5 soluble receptor alpha has been shown to bind the human IL-5 dimer in a 1:1 ratio and acts as a human IL-5 antagonist. This molecule inhibits the proliferation of IL-5-dependent cell lines and blocks human umbilical cord blood eosinophil differentiation.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human IL-5 R alpha ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit