Product Name Human IL-5 ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 1 pg/mL
Assay Range 2.7-2000 pg/mL
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names IL5; EDF; IL-5; TRF
Gene ID 3567
Swissprot ID P05113
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell culture media||93||82-111|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|Cell culture media||1:2||96|
Standard Curve: Human IL-5 ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
IL-5 (Interleukin-5) is a secreted cytokine that is expressed as a covalent dimer. It is produced by activated Th2 cells, eosinophils, mast cells, and iNKT cells and promotes eosinophilic and basophilic differentiation and activation. IL-5 signals through a receptor complex containing IL-5 R alpha and the Common beta Chain/CD131 on eosinophils and basophils. Naturally occurring soluble forms of IL-5 R alpha retain the ability to bind IL-5 and limit its bioavailability. The IL-5 receptor is composed of an α and a βc chain. The α subunit is specific for the IL-5 molecule, whereas the βc subunit also recognised by interleukin 3 and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor . Interleukin-5 has long been associated with the cause of several allergic diseases including allergic rhinitis and asthma, wherein a large increase in the number of circulating, airway tissue, and induced sputum eosinophils have been observed.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human IL-5 ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit