Product Name Human FGF-6 ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 4 pg/mL
Assay Range 8.2-6000 pg/mL
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names FGF6, HBGF-6, HST2
Gene ID 2251
Swissprot ID P10767
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell culture media||97||81-113|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|Cell culture media||1:2||92|
Standard Curve: Human FGF-6 ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
Fibroblast Growth Factor-6 (FGF-6), also known as HST-2, is a 25-28 kDa member of the FGF family of heparin binding polypeptides which are potent regulators of cell proliferation, differentiation, and function. FGF proteins contain a 120 amino acid (aa) core FGF domain that exhibits a beta -trefoil structure. It binds and signals primarily through FGF R1c, 2c, and 4. FGF-6 functions as a mitogen for fibroblasts, vascular endothelial cells, and prostate carcinoma cells, and N-linked glycosylation is required for the full mitogenic effect. FGF-6 expression is restricted to skeletal muscle during development although it can be upregulated in prostate cancer and Kaposi sarcoma. In the adult, FGF-6 is upregulated in injured skeletal muscle and is required for muscle regeneration. FGF-6 inhibits the terminal differentiation of myoblasts and also cooperates with TGF-beta 2 to promote chondrogenesis in embryonic somites.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human FGF-6 ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit