Product Name Human Fetuin A ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100 ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 100 pg/ml
Assay Range 0.205-50 ng/ml
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names AHSG, A2HS, AHS, FETUA, HSGA
Gene ID 197
Swissprot ID P02765
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell culture media||116||101-132|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|Cell culture media||1:2||109|
Standard Curve: Human Fetuin A ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
Fetuins are members of the cystatin family of proteases. Secreted by the liver, fetuins can be found at high levels in serum. Fetuin A promotes phagocytosis of apoptotic cells and plays a role in bone development, calcium homeostasis and insulin sensitivity. Fetuin-A has been demonstrated to play an important role in free fatty acid induced insulin resistance in the liver. Increased fetuin-A in patients with pre-diabetes is associated with increased progression to diabetes and decreased reversal to normoglycemia. Hence fetuin-A is a predictor of adverse glycemic outcomes in pre-diabetes.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human Fetuin A ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit