Product Name Human FABP2 ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 12 pg/mL
Assay Range 0.024-100ng/mL
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names FABP2, FABPI, I-FABP
Gene ID 2169
Swissprot ID P02693
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell culture media||112||97-121|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|Cell culture media||1:2||119|
Standard Curve: Human FABP2 ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
FABP2, also known as intestinal fatty acid binding protein (I-FABP or FABPI) and gut FABP (gFABP), is a member of the cytosolic fatty acid binding protein family. FABPs bind free fatty acids, cholesterol, and retinoids, and are involved in intracellular lipid transport. Circulating FABP levels are used as indicators of tissue damage. Some FABP polymorphisms have been associated with disorders of lipid metabolism and the development of atherosclerosis. FABP2 mediates the absorption and intracellular transport of dietary long-chain fatty acids. Genetic variations of FABP2 are implicated in obesity and Type II diabetes.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human FABP2 ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit