Product Name Human CEA ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100 ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 150 pg/ml
Assay Range 0.34-250 ng/ml
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names CEACAM5; CEA; CD66e
Gene ID 1048
Swissprot ID P06731
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell culture media||105||95-117|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|Cell culture media||1:2||102|
Standard Curve: Human CEA ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
CEACAM-5, also known as CEA and CD66e, belongs to the large family of CEACAM and pregnancy specific glycoproteins. CEACAM-5 functions as a calcium independent adhesion molecule through homophilic and heterophilic interactions with CEACAM-1. CEA is restricted to the apical face of intestinal epithelial cells in the adult but is more diffuse during embryonic development and in tumors. This is consistent with a role in the development and maintenance of epithelial architecture. It is upregulated in a wide variety of human tumors and is a commonly used cancer marker. It promotes tumor cell migration, invasion, adhesion, and metastasis. CEACAM-5 also contributes to tumor formation by maintaining cellular proliferation in the presence of differentiation stimuli, and by blocking apoptosis following loss of ECM anchorage.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human CEA ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit