Product Name Human bFGF ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100 ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 2 pg/ml
Assay Range 3.13-200 pg/ml
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names BFGF; FGF-2; FGFB; HBGF-2
Gene ID 2247
Swissprot ID P09038
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell culture media||97||88-106|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|Cell culture media||1:2||96|
Standard Curve: Human bFGF ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
FGF basic (FGF-2) is a growth factor that functions in angiogenesis, wound healing, tissue repair, learning and memory, and the morphogenesis of heart, bone, and brain. It is upregulated in response to inflammatory stimuli and in many tumors. FGF basic binds to FGF R1c and 2c. Its bioactivity is modulated by a number of other binding partners including heparin, Integrin alpha V beta 3, soluble FGF R1, FGF-BP, free gangliosides, Thrombospondin, Pentraxin 3/TSG-14, Fibrinogen, alpha 2-Macroglobulin, PDGF, and CXCL4/PF4. These molecules act as cellular coreceptors or adhesion partners, extracellular matrix decoys or reservoirs, and soluble scavengers or chaperones. In particular, the interaction of FGF basic with cell surface heparan sulfate proteoglycans (HSPG) is required for the binding and activation of FGF receptors.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human bFGF ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit