Product Name Human BDNF ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum, Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity <1 pg/ml
Assay Range 0.82-200 pg/ml
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names BDNF; ANON2; BULN2
Gene ID 627
Swissprot ID P23560
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell culture media||110||85-117|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|Cell culture media||1:2||102|
Standard Curve: Human BDNF ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
BDNF (Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor) is a secreted protein that regulates many aspects of neuronal development and function in the nervous system. It is produced as proBDNF in response to neuronal activity or inflammatory stimulation and is then cleaved before associating into a homodimer. It is expressed throughout the nervous system as well as by fibroblasts, megakaryocytes/platelets, and smooth muscle cells. BDNF regulates neural stem cell survival and differentiation, axon/dendrite differentiation, synapse formation and maturation, and refinement of developing circuits. It is also a key regulator of synaptic plasticity and late-phase long-term potentiation. BDNF signals through the TrkB and NGF R/TNFRSF16 receptors. Secreted proBDNF can bind to NGF R/TNFRSF16 and induce long-term depression and cell apoptosis.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human BDNF ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit