Product Name Human Angiotensin II EasyTest™ EIA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Competitive ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Process Two wash step, three incubations
Assay Lengt 2.0hours
Sample Volume Serum , Plasma, 50µL
Detection Method Colorimetric
Assay Range 0.49-2000pg/mL
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names AGT; ANHU; SERPINA8
Gene ID 183
Swissprot ID P01019
Standard Curve Human Angiotensin II EasyTest™ EIA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Anti-ANGII Antibody
• Standard ANGII peptide
• Biotinylated ANGII peptide
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 25 µl of anti-ANGII antibody to all wells.
3. Add 75 µl of 1 x assay diluent to the blank wells and 50 µl to B0 wells.
4. Add 50 µl of standard peptide/samples to the appropriate wells.
5. Add 25 µl of biotinylated peptide into each well except the blank wells.
6. Incubate 1.0 h at RT.
7. Wash and add 100 µl of diluted streptavidin-HRP solution to all wells.
8. Incubate 45 min at RT.
9. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB Substrate Solution into each well.
10. Incubate 15 min at RT.
11. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
12. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
In blood, Angiotensin II binds with big proteins. Acidification of blood is required to separate and purify Angiotensin II.
Angiotensinogen is an α-2-globulin produced constitutively and released into the circulation mainly by the liver. It is a member of the serpin family. Angiotensin I is converted to angiotensin II (AII) through removal of two C-terminal residues by the enzyme angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), primarily through ACE within the lung . ACE found in other tissues of the body has no physiological role. Angiotensin II acts as an endocrine, autocrine/paracrine, and intracrine hormone. Angiotensin II is degraded to angiotensin III by angiotensinases located in red blood cells and the vascular beds of most tissues.
Angiotensin II increases blood pressure by stimulating the Gq protein in vascular smooth muscle cells. In addition, angiotensin II acts at the Na/H exchanger in the proximal tubules of the kidney to stimulate Na reabsorption and H excretion which is coupled to bicarbonate reabsorption. This ultimately results in an increase in blood volume, pressure, and pH.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human Angiotensin II EasyTest™ EIA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit