Product Name Custom mouse MBL-2 ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity This has not yet been determined
Assay Range This has not yet been determined
Cross-Reactivity This ELISA antibody pair only recognizes mouse MBL-2
Gene Names: Mbl2; L-MBP; MBL; MBL-C; MBP-C
Gene ID 17195
Swissprot ID P41317
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
Mannan binding lectin (MBL) belongs to the collectin family of innate immune defense proteins, which binds to an array of carbohydrate patterns on pathogen surfaces. Collectin family members share common structural features: a cysteine rich amino-terminal domain, a collagen-like region, an alpha -helical coiled-coil neck domain and a carboxy terminal C-type (Ca++-dependent) lectin or carbohydrate recognition domain (CRD). MBL homotrimerizes to form a structural unit joined by N-terminal disulfide bridges. These homotrimers further associates into oligomeric structures of up to 6 units. Binding of MBL to a micro-organism results in activation of the lectin pathway of the complement system. Another important function of MBL is that this molecule binds senescent and apoptotic cells and enhances engulfment of whole, intact apoptotic cells, as well as cell debris by phagocytes.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Custom mouse MBL-2 ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit