Product Name Mouse Resistin ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 4 pg/mL
Assay Range 4.1-1000 pg/mL
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names Retn, ADSF, Fizz3, Rstn, Xcp4
Gene ID 57264
Swissprot ID Q9EP95
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell culture media||99||87-110|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|Cell culture media||1:2||103|
Standard Curve: Mouse Resistin ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
Resistin, also known ADSF and FIZZ3, is a secreted peptide hormone that circulates as either a noncovalent trimer, or a disulfide-linked homohexamer. Resistin is expressed by white adipocytes, splenocytes, astrocytes, and anterior pituitary epithelium. It blocks Insulin-stimulated uptake of glucose by adipocytes and promotes glucose release by hepatocytes. High circulating Insulin levels induce Resistin secretion which then antagonize Insulin action. Resistin increases the production of LDL in human liver cells and also degrades LDL receptors in the liver. As a result, the liver is less able to clear ‘bad’ cholesterol from the body. Resistin accelerates the accumulation of LDL in arteries, increasing the risk of heart disease. Resistin adversely impacts the effects of statins, the main cholesterol-reducing drug used in the treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Mouse Resistin ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit