Product Name Mouse Renin 1 ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum, Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 5 pg/ml
Assay Range 12.2-50000 pg/ml
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names Ren1, D19352, Ren, Ren-1, Ren-Ac, Ren1d, Rn-1, Rnr
Gene ID 19701
Swissprot ID P06281
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell culture media||107||89-114|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|Cell culture media||1:2||118|
Standard Curve: Mouse Renin 1 ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
Renin is a secreted endopeptidase that plays a crucial role in the regulation of blood pressure and salt balance through the cleavage of angiotensinogen, which is the only known physiological substrate of Renin. The amino acid sequence of human Renin is 100%, 73%, 71% and 67% identical to that of chimpanzee, canine, mouse and rat. Mouse Renin is a secreted, 42 – 47 kDa glycosylated member of the peptidase A1 family. It is an aspartyl protease that cleaves angiotensinogen to form angiotensin I. In mouse, there are two genes that code for Renin. One is in the submandibular gland and the other is in the kidney. The two mature Renin molecules are 95% amino acid (aa) identical. Renal Renin (Renin-1) is synthesized as a 381 aa proform (aa 22 – 402).
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Mouse Renin 1 ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit