Product Name Human TIMP-1 ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Assay Range 24.7-18000pg/ml
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names TIMP1, CLGI, EPA, EPO, HCI, TIMP, TIMP-1
Gene ID 7076
Swissprot ID P01033
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell culture media||93||86-104|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|Cell culture media||1:2||93|
Standard Curve: Human TIMP-1 ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
TIMPs-1 through -4 regulate the activity of zinc metalloproteases known as MMPs, ADAMs and ADAMTSs. Structurally, TIMPs contain two domains. The N-terminal domain binds to the active site of mature metalloproteases via a 1:1 non-covalent interaction, blocking access of substrates to the catalytic site. In addition, The C-terminal domain of TIMP-1 and TIMP-2 binds to the hemopexin- like domain of pro-MMP-9 and pro-MMP-2, respectively. In addition to its inhibitory role against most of the known MMPs, the encoded protein is able to promote cell proliferation in a wide range of cell types, and may also have an anti-apoptotic function. In adrenocortical cells the trophic hormone ACTH induces expression of TIMP-1 and the increase in TIMP expression is also associated with decreased collagenase activity. Increased expression of TIMP1 has been found to be associated with worse prognosis of various tumors, such as laryngeal carcinoma or melanoma.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human TIMP-1 ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit