Product Name Human SOST ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 5 pg/mL
Assay Range 31.25-2000 pg/mL
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names SOST, CDD, DAND61, VBCH
Gene ID 50964
Swissprot ID Q9BQB4
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell culture media||97||89-112|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|Cell culture media||1:2||110|
Standard Curve: Human SOST ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
Sclerostin is produced by the osteocyte and has anti-anabolic effects on bone formation. Although the underlying mechanisms are unclear, it is believed that the antagonism of BMP-induced bone formation by sclerostin is mediated by Wnt signaling, but not BMP signaling pathways. Sclerostin is expressed in osteocytes and some chondrocytes and it inhibits bone formation by osteoblasts. Its production by osteocytes is inhibited by parathyroid hormone, mechanical loading and cytokines including prostaglandin E2, oncostatin M, cardiotrophin-1 and leukemia inhibitory factor. Sclerostin production is increased by calcitonin. Thus, osteoblast activity is self regulated by a negative feedback system.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human SOST ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit