Product Name Human PLGF ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity <1 pg/ml
Assay Range 1.4-1000 pg/ml
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names D12S1900L, PIGF, PLGF, PlGF-2, SHGC-10760, PGF
Gene ID 5228
Swissprot ID P49763
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell culture media||97||89-106|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|Cell culture media||1:2||102|
Standard Curve: Human PLGF ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
PLGF (placenta growth factor) is a homodimeric growth factor that competes with VEGF for binding to VEGF R1/Flt-1. It therefore increases the availability of VEGF to bind to VEGF R2/KDR/Flk-1 and trigger angiogenesis. It can form heterodimers with some forms of VEGF and decrease the angiogenic effect of VEGF on VEGF R2. Circulating PLGF levels increase during pregnancy, reaching a peak in mid-gestation; this increase is attenuated in preeclampsia. PLGF induces monocyte activation and migration as well as production of inflammatory cytokines and VEGF. These activities facilitate wound, bone fracture, and cardiac repair, but also contribute to inflammation in active sickle cell disease and atherosclerosis. PLGF can also inhibit TIMP3 expression in the spleen, leading to immune triggering of hypertension.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human PLGF ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit