Product Name Human MMP-13 ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 4 pg/ml
Assay Range 8.2-6000 pg/ml
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names MMP13, CLG3, MANDP1, MDST, MMP-13
Gene ID 4322
Swissprot ID P45452
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell culture media||96||87-108|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|Cell culture media||1:2||96|
Standard Curve: Human MMP-13 ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
MMP-13 is a member of the matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) family. Like most MMPs, it is secreted as an inactive pro-form. It is activated once the pro-domain is cleaved, leaving an active enzyme composed of the catalytic domain and the hemopexin-like domain PDB:1PEX. Although the actual mechanism has not been described, the hemopexin domain participates in collagen degradation, the catalytic domain alone being particularly inefficient in collagen degradation. During embryonic development, MMP13 is expressed in the skeleton as required for restructuring the collagen matrix for bone mineralization. In pathological situations it is highly overexpressed; this occurs in human carcinomas, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human MMP-13 ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit