Product Name Human IL-9 ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 80 pg/mL
Assay Range 0.12-30 ng/mL
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names IL9, HP40, IL-9, P40
Gene ID 3578
Swissprot ID P15248
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|cell culture media||101||91-121|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|cell culture media||1:2||127|
Standard Curve: Human IL-9 ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
Interleukin-9 (IL-9) is a heavily glycosylated cytokine with a 14 kDa peptide backbone that is secreted by CD4+ Th2 cells. It supports the growth of multiple hematopoietic cell types including Th cells, germinal center B cells, macrophages, mast cells, neutrophils, megakaryocytes, and erythrocytes.
IL-9 exerts its biological effects through a receptor complex composed of IL-9 R and the common gamma chain; which activates different signal transducer and activator (STAT) proteins and thus connects this cytokine to various biological processes. The gene encoding this cytokine has been identified as a candidate gene for asthma. Genetic studies on a mouse model of asthma demonstrated that this cytokine is a determining factor in the pathogenesis of bronchial hyperresponsiveness. Interleukin-9 has also shown to inhibit melanoma growth in mice.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human IL-9 ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit