Product Name Human IGFBP-5 ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 1.0 ng/mL
Assay Range 1.1-800 ng/mL
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names IGFBP5, IBP5
Gene ID 3488
Swissprot ID P24593
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|cell culture media||78||72-90|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|cell culture media||1:2||115|
Standard Curve: Human IGFBP-5 ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
The superfamily of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) binding proteins include the six high-affinity IGF binding proteins (IGFBP) and at least four additional low-affinity binding proteins referred to as IGFBP related proteins (IGFBP-rP). All IGFBP superfamily members are cysteine-rich proteins with conserved cysteine residues, which are clustered in the amino- and carboxy-terminal thirds of the molecule. IGFBPs modulate the biological activities of IGF proteins. Some IGFBPs may also have intrinsic bioactivity that is independent of their ability to bind IGF proteins.
Human IGFBP-5 cDNA encodes a 272 amino acid (aa) residue precursor protein. IGFBP-5 is expressed by fibroblasts, myoblasts and osteoblasts, making it the predominant IGFBP found in bone extracts. IGFBP-5 has a strong affinity for hydroxyapatite, allowing it to bind to bone cells. When bound to extracellular matrix, IGFBP-5 is protected from proteolysis and potentiates IGF activity.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human IGFBP-5 ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit