Product Name Human Cystatin C ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100 ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 30 pg/ml
Assay Range 31.3-2000 pg/ml
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names CST3; ARMD11; HEL-S-2
Gene ID 1471
Swissprot ID P01034
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell culture media||99||90-107|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|Cell culture media||1:2||98|
Standard Curve: Human Cystatin C ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
Cystatin C is a secreted cysteine protease inhibitor that inhibits Cathepsins B, H, K, L, and S. is mainly used as a biomarker of kidney function. Recently, it has been studied for its role in predicting new-onset or deteriorating cardiovascular disease. It also seems to play a role in brain disorders involving amyloid, such as Alzheimer’s disease. In humans, all cells with a nucleus produce cystatin C as a chain of 120 amino acids. It is found in virtually all tissues and body fluids. It is a potent inhibitor of lysosomal proteinases and probably one of the most important extracellular inhibitors of cysteine proteases. Cystatin C serum concentration correlates closely to the glomerular filtration rate (GFR); elevated levels are associated with coronary artery and cardiovascular disease risk. Dysregulation of Cystatin C can modulate tumor growth and metastasis.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human Cystatin C ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit