Product Name Human AFP ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 5 pg/mL
Assay Range 7.4-1800 pg/mL
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names AFP, AFPD, FETA, HPAFP
Gene ID 174
Swissprot ID P02771
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|cell culture media||127||113-136|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|cell culture media||1:2||99|
Standard Curve: Human AFP ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
AFP is a glycoprotein of 591 amino acids and a carbohydrate moiety. It is a major plasma protein produced by the yolk sac and the liver during fetal development. AFP is thought to be the fetal form of serum albumin. It binds to copper, nickel, fatty acids and bilirubin and is found in monomeric, dimeric and trimeric forms.
AFP is the most abundant plasma protein found in the human fetus. Plasma levels decrease rapidly after birth but begin decreasing prenatally starting at the end of the first trimester. Normal adult levels are usually achieved by the age of 8 to 12 months. The function of AFP in adult humans is unknown. Measurement of AFP is generally used in two clinical contexts. First, it is measured in pregnant women through the analysis of maternal blood or amniotic fluid as a screening test for certain developmental abnormalities. Second, serum AFP level is elevated in people with certain tumors, such as liver cancer.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Human AFP ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit