Product Name Custom human Pro-cathepsin B ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity This has not yet been determined
Assay Range This has not yet been determined
Cross-Reactivity This ELISA antibody pair only recognizes human Pro-cathepsin B
Gene Names: CTSB, APPS, CPSB
Gene ID 1508
Swissprot ID P09668
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
Cathepsin B is the first described member of the family of lysosomal cysteine proteases . Cathepsin B possesses both endopeptidase and exopeptidase activities, in the latter case acting as a peptidyl-dipeptidase. It is known to process a number of proteins, including pro and active caspases, prorenin and secretory leucoprotease inhibitor (SLPI). Therefore, Cathepsin B may play a role in activation and inactivation of caspases, activation of renin and inactivation of SLPI, the key steps in apoptosis, angiotensin production, and progression of emphysema, respectively. Because of its increased levels and redistribution of the enzyme in human and animal tumors, Cathepsin B may also have role in invasion and metastasis.
In addition to lysosome, Cathepsin B can be secreted or associated with plasma membrane, cytoplasm, and nucleus. It is synthesized as a preproenzyme. Following removal of the signal peptide, the inactive proenzyme undergoes further modifications including removal of the pro region to result in the active enzyme.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Custom human Pro-cathepsin B ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit