Product Name Custom human ApoB ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity This has not yet been determined
Assay Range This has not yet been determined
Cross-Reactivity This ELISA antibody pair only recognizes human ApoB
Gene Names: APOB, FLDB, LDLCQ4, apoB-100, apoB-48
Gene ID 338
Swissprot ID P04114
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
Apolipoprotein B is the primary apolipoprotein of chylomicrons, VLDL, IDL, and LDL particles, which is responsible for carrying fat molecules, including cholesterol, around the body to all cells within all tissues. The protein occurs in the plasma in 2 main isoforms, ApoB48 and ApoB100. ApoB48 is generated when a stop codon (UAA) at residue 2153 is created by RNA editing. In fact, ApoB48 is so called because it constitutes 48% of the sequence for ApoB100. ApoB 48 is a unique protein to chylomicrons from the small intestine. It is well established that ApoB100 levels are associated with coronary heart disease, and are even a better predictor of it than is LDL level.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Custom human ApoB ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit