Product Name Canine Galectin-3 ELISA Kit
Assay Type Solid Phase Sandwich ELISA
Format 96-well strip plate
Assay Length 4.5 hours
Sample Volume Serum ,Plasma, cell culture media , 100ul
Detection Method Colorimetric
Sensitivity 2 pg/ml
Assay Range 2.1-500 pg/ml
Cross-Reactivity No cross-reactivity observed with available related molecules
Gene Names CBP 35, Gal-3, Galectin-3
Gene ID 404021
Swissprot ID P38486
|Sample Type||Average % Recovery||Range %|
|Cell culture media||112||90-124|
|Sample Type||Dilution||% of Expected|
|Cell culture media||1:2||103|
Standard Curve: Canine Galectin-3 ELISA Kit
• Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
• Wash Buffer
• Stop Solution
• Assay Diluent
• Biotinylated Detection Antibody
• Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
• TMB One-Step Substrate
1. Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in the manual.
2. Add 100 µl of standard or sample to each well.
3. Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4°C.
4. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared biotin antibody to each well.
5. Incubate 1 h at RT.
6. Wash and add 100 µl of prepared Streptavidin solution to each well.
7. Incubate 45 min at RT.
8. Wash and add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
9. Incubate 30 min at RT.
10. Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
11. Read at 450 nm/570 nm.
Galectin-3 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the LGALS3 gene. Galectin-3 is a member of the lectin family, of which 14 mammalian galectins have been identified. The galectins constitute a large family of carbohydrate-binding proteins that function in many systems both intracellularly and following secretion. Galectins contain either one or two carbohydrate recognition domains (CRR) which mediate recognition of N-acetyl-lactosamine-containing glycoproteins. Some galectins exist in multiple isoforms due to alternative splicing. Individual galectins differ in their tissue distribution and in their carbohydrate-binding specificities. Galectin-3 (Gal-3) is also a member of the beta-galactoside-binding protein family that plays an important role in cell-cell adhesion, cell-matrix interactions, macrophage activation, angiogenesis, metastasis, apoptosis.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for up to 1 year from the date of shipment. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. The kit may be stored at 4°C for up to 6 months. For extended storage, it is recommended to store at -80°C.
Canine Galectin-3 ELISA Kit is for Research Use Only.
1 Plate Kit, 2 Plate Kit, 5 Plate Kit